You can question or/and withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kind of data we collect
Personal data we collect may include all the data you provided when filling out our membership form, or personal data provided through correspondence with the GMBA international project office, including the information you can currently provide through the membership form and additional information such as your (mobiel) phone number and skype ID.
We may collect personal data when:
- You are part of our network
- You have been recommended by another network member
- You are receiving our newsletter
- You are contributing to a GMBA initiative (working group or project)
- You contact us through email or phone
- You attend a GMBA event
- You leave your contact details to GMBA project officers during a meeting/event
- You have contributed a resource (e.g., scientific publication, report) to the mountain research community that we have found or received and included in our database
How we use collected information
GMBA processes personal data mainly for the purposes defined below and for any further purpose specified at time of collection.
- To inform you about our work and that of other GMBA members and members of the mountain science community
- To invite you to contribute with knowledge and information to work performed or supported by GMBA
- To facilitate collaborations between GMBA network members by online search if you have agreed to have your profile show online or by individual contacts if your profile is not visible online
- To comply with legal requirements
- To send important information, such as changes in our terms and policies
- To organize event/conferences/meetings
Information that may be disclosed to another party
We may share information with other network members if you have selected the option that your profile can be included in the GMBA online database of experts or if you have explicitly accepted a request sent to you individually.
GMBA undertakes to have valid personal data agreement with all suppliers.